Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default our country needs a new type of firearm for police

On 9/25/16 1:36 PM, Bob F wrote:

A black man in the US is 2.7 times as likely to be shot by police as a
white man. I am constantly amazed at the people that cannot see this
obvious problem. But really, I suppose they just refuse to see it. Read
the reports about how the police were treating blacks in Furgoson. Look
at all the shootings of unarmed blacks. We havse a problem.

I'd like to see the citation on that one. The Washington Post
database note 494 white and 258 black were killed in the US in 2015.
The chance that a black male will be killed by a cop (250 blacks killed
divided by number of black males in the US or 21.5 million) is 0.0012%.
The chances being murdered according to the around ~6800 total in the
FBI report for 2013/above is 0.02934)