Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default our country needs a new type of firearm for police

Sat, 24
Sep 2016 17:49:03 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

the Taser was supposed to help with many of these situations,
when actually used, and in theory should work,
but maybe the emotions get in the way, of rationally thinking it
through, in the heat of the moment for the police...

The voltage applied by the taser isn't going to disable a large
person, let alone one on PCP (if he was). A much higher voltage
output one like 1+ million volts will, regardless of whatever drugs
you might be doing. It's more than enough to overcome whatever
resistance your body has to electricity and even takes into
consideration the barbs making poor contact. It'll arc and complete
the circuit, making you ****/**** yourself with ease. Yes, it's a bit
more likely to kill you if you have a heart condition or are on
drugs, but, it's LESS likely to kill you than several bullets being
fired by a cop who's only trained to shoot to kill.

And, I'm sorry, but if the only thing you know how to do with a
firearm is shoot to kill, it's my personal opinion, you don't have
that good of control over your weapon and you shouldn't be allowed to
carry it. There's plenty of spots on a human body that you can hit
with a live round and disable them, without causing death in the
process in many cases.

a knock out dart of some kind might be worth trying,
like they use with animals...?

It takes time for it to get in your blood stream. You still have a
chance to fire and/or otherwise harm someone.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That