Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default our country needs a new type of firearm for police

On 9/25/2016 1:36 PM, Bob F wrote:

Or maybe the prosecutor could see that this really looks like a bad
shoot. That seems pretty clear to me.

But no, the guy was black, so he must be a "bad dude" high on PCP ready
to kill all the cops in sight, so must be murdered immediately.

White or black, he did look like a bad dude to me. I'd not want to
tangle with him.

Really? You could see him that well in that video? It looked to me like
a guy terrified that he could be shot for nothing with his hand over his
head.

He was a big guy kind of wandering around. Bigger than me, I'd not want
to get hit by him.

I'm not saying there are no racist people as I know plenty of them. Just
because the guy is black we cannot say it was a racially biased
shooting, at least not yet. To assume it was is just as racists as it
would be if it really was. Let's see the evidence.

A black man in the US is 2.7 times as likely to be shot by police as a
white man. I am constantly amazed at the people that cannot see this
obvious problem. But really, I suppose they just refuse to see it. Read
the reports about how the police were treating blacks in Furgoson. Look
at all the shootings of unarmed blacks. We havse a problem.

Statistics are not evidence. Yes, it happens far too often but you do
not yet have evidence that he was treated any different because of his
color. Seems at though you made an assumption.

Racism has existed since the beginning of man and it is not going to go
away any time soon. Many of the protests to try and stop it seem to
have the opposite effect though. Rioting and looting keep it alive. No
way to force people to abandon it either.