Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default our country needs a new type of firearm for police

Per Crybaby Liberal:
Yah, just read a couple bible verses to the perp and they'd immediately confess and surrender.

I think you are missing the points:

- There may have been more pressure bombs ready to go off.

- The wacko in the boat would know where those bombs were.

- It would be important to extract the location of
those bombs from the wacko in the boat.

- The wacko in the boat was already totally under
control of the I-don't-know-how-many (hundreds?)
of armed LEOs surrounding the boat: he didn't need
to surrender, he was already "Had".

- Killing the wacko in the boat would prevent extracting
that information about the location of other bombs.

I note that the recent incident in NYC resulted in the capture of the
perpetrator alive instead of his death.

In the interviews I have watched, Bratton seemed to have his head
screwed on better than most - a *lot* better IMHO...and I have to wonder
if maybe he has drilled it into the NYPD cops that we want to
interrogate these guys and not kill them outright.
--
Pete Cresswell