Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default (OT) Turning CD music into MP3 ???

HerHusband
Sun, 25 Sep 2016
05:05:29 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I have a few CDs that are "touchy". In the car CD player they
might "skip" or error. But on my computer they play fine. I'd
like to save them as MP3 songs before they get worse.
Windows Media Player 9.x (for XP) has an option to save them as
.wma files (which is Windiws Media Player's own format). But I
dont want to be locked into WMP.
I want them to be converted to a standard format (MP3).
What FREE software can I use for this? (Must be compatible with
Windows XP.)

There are many free CD rippers, but as with most free software,
but you get what you pay for...

Except that EAC is free and beats the **** out of your 'EZ CD audio
converter" anyday as it offers whats called secure mode rip.

Combined with LAME codec, v3.90.3, specifically, using either alt
preset standard or alt preset extreme, theres' no competition
whatsoever. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That