Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtLZ1pAWgAAtpxR.jpg

You learn something new every day.

They have vastly better traffic info too when you use google maps.

My only bugbear is that my 3790T uses an FM subcarrier
for the traffic updates (still works very well though)

Nowhere near as well as google maps that uses the movement
of all mobile phones from the bases to see the traffic.

bu tthe Nuvicam uses DAB which needs an
extra antenna, but it DOES work all over Europe.

But the data is pathetic compared with google maps that
uses the movement of all mobile phones for the traffic info.

It saved me 3 hours driving from Krakow to Wroclaw last year.

Yeah, very handy indeed in some situations.