Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

On 24/09/2016 11:24, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 24 September 2016 11:01:03 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
On 24/09/2016 09:36, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 24 September 2016 09:31:10 UTC+1, RJH wrote:

Even I figured out that a sat nav could do that :-)

And of course just about any smart phone can do that too.

Not on Pitcairn Island it won't - I will be there in 2022.

It will - have you ever used a smartphone?

Ah very good! My phone, AFAIK, would only work with a google cached map.

That's quite a sat nav you have there.

It's not bad.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtHLDYSWcAAhEVU.jpg

Well, you can obviously get that with a smartphone or tablet - I thought
you meant OS-level detail or satellite images.
Horses/courses - when I'm out on walks I wouldn't want the bulk. Phone
is fine and doubles up for other stuff.

--
Cheers, Rob