Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default "Plug socket"

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Bod wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote
Bod wrote

Had our Dyson coming up to 13 years and still works as good as new.

Well that's not a particularly high bar to clear is it?

No, but it makes James Wilkinson's claim that they fall to bits not
true.

I know about 10 people locally with Dysons. 9 of them said they're
****
and that important parts fell off or seized up (usually the motor or
clutch fails catastrophically). The 1 that likes them has a husband
who
is constantly repairing it! I saw it once, it was covered in tape and
clamps to hold it together. And it's only 4 years old.

How strange that everyone here has had the opposite effect.

I think all the people I know have kids and pets and use them a lot.
But
normal vacuums for a fifth of the price don't wear out like that.

And it's you that's unusual: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3688983.stm

"The Dyson vacuum cleaner - famous for its bagless technology - is the
least reliable of all upright and cylinder brands, a consumer magazine
has
said.
A quarter of 5,100 upright vacuum cleaner owners surveyed by Which?
failed
to give their Dyson an all-clear on performance after six years' use.

Nearly a fifth of Dyson cylinder users also reported issues.

Despite the problems, Dyson owners remain the most likely to recommend
the
machine to a friend, Which? reported."

So like Apple users, they have lots of problems

Far fewer problems than android users in fact.

In spades with Samsung users.

and just keep on coming back.

Because they have fewer problems than the alternatives do.

But when you spend three times as much replacing it....

Nope, they are the same prices as the high end
samsungs and their batterys don't burst into flames.

Leave the other cheap crap for dead performance wise.

Morons....

Corse you didn't end up with 4 dysons yourself, eh ?

I got them free. If something is free I don't care how unreliable it is.

Makes a lot more sense to get free much more reliable machines.