Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Plug socket"

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 20:38:31 +0100, damduck-egg wrote:

There was a 19th century loco used on the line kept by the side of the
road, a quick google shows it is destined for a museum in Canterbury, it
left the roadside location sometime ago.

I used to walk past it every morning; it was rusting near the Riding Gate
on the edge of Dane John Gardens. No wooden cladding left.

In 1980 it was restored at York Railway Museum (it was the original
loco). It's in the Canterbury museum now, but there is a lovely scale
replica (2/3 I think) in Whitstable museum. I was there a few weeks ago
helping them with some material and memories on the tunnel collapse.