Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Cheap R80 Reflector to Poundland Golf Ball SES LED conversion.

On 23/09/16 20:13, Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

I've just hacked in a Golf Ball styled E14/SES 3W LED bulb from
Poundland using a cheap ES/SES adaptor from Amazon ...

What wattage spot did you have in it before? 3W sounds a bit wimpy.

No, it's fine - got four in a room, all walls painted white. Used to
have 4W LEDs in the R80 shape for £6 per bulb (eBay). They only lasted a
couple of years and had a colder light colour.

Before was two batches of R80 11W CFL's from CPC. They hummed and
weren't exactly pretty end on.

And before was just standard R80 40W bulbs (and darkish walls).

From 120W down to 12W. I have saved a leaf in the rain forest.

--
Adrian C