Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shocking video shows the moment police shot dead an unarmed, black pastor

Bod wrote: "This keeps happening time after time. There must be something wrong with
police candidates selection. It's coming across to the rest of the world
that a core of psychpathic trigger happy cops need weeding out, now!
I'm sure that most US cops are not like that, but something needs to be
done because it has become an all too regular occurrence. "

It's not the police officers themselves. At least, not 99% of them.
Out of 1,000 randomly picked officers, you'd likely find no more
than 10 who are trigger-happy, racist, or both.

Our police are being trained that certain (racial/ethnic)groups
must be dealt with with a higher level of force - including lethal,
if necessary. At the other end of the 'process' is a jury-based
court system that consistently rules in favor of the officer involved,
perpetuating this myth that one broke the law simply 'by being
non-white'.

The problem is SYSTEMIC - so we can't simply heap blame on
one group(police officers, etc). We must examine what really needs
fixing in this country - an ATTITUDE, a deeply entrenched belief
concerning people who 'don't look like us'. THAT is what needs
a good looking at.