Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AC switch in old Johnson Bandsaw.

On 2016-09-22, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

How about a real limit switch?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380653721209

CUTLER-HAMMER-10316H16C-SINGLE-POLE-DOUBLE-THROW-LIMIT-SWITCH-10316H-16C-USPP-/

He needs a DPST, not an SPDT. I'm with Don on the AC relay as a
simple fix, with a simple wall switch actuator.

The photo in the listing shows four terminals in two sets of two, so
it looks like the description is wrong.

The photo of the label shows that it has either one pair of
terminals connected or a second one. Sort of single pole single throw,
if you connect say screws 2 and 3 together.

Not what is needed in this case -- assuming a 240 VAC motor.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Hi all, not that it matters, but the motor was 120 VAC and I just needed
a single pole switch. Only 1/2 of the switch shown in the picture was
used.

So why dincha just move the leads to the other set of contacts and be
done with it? g

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson