Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What size breaker and wire for a 5200W wall oven?

In article , lid says...

BTW, when doing the above math I remember by first class in
trigonometry. Most of the time, the teacher was walking around showing
people what buttons to press on their calculators. Then they would be
asked for something like "the SIN of 80" and some student would read all
8 or more digits of the answer. There was almost nothing said about what
trigonometry IS or what it could be used for.

When I took trig we did not have to worry about the buttons to push. It
was either a slide rule or look them up in the CRC book.

For most electrical/electronic work 3 digits raised to whatever power of
10 was needed was about all that was ever needed. Most of the
components were only 10 % few were 5 % and very few 1 % except for the
test gear.