Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AC switch in old Johnson Bandsaw.

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 12:22:55 AM UTC-4, DoN. Nichols
On 2016-09-22, Michael A. Terrell
wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

How about a real limit switch?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380653721209

CUTLER-HAMMER-10316H16C-SINGLE-POLE-DOUBLE-THROW-LIMIT-SWITCH-10316H-16C-USPP-/

He needs a DPST, not an SPDT. I'm with Don on the AC relay as a
simple fix, with a simple wall switch actuator.

The photo in the listing shows four terminals in two sets of
two, so
it looks like the description is wrong.

The photo of the label shows that it has either one pair of
terminals connected or a second one. Sort of single pole single
throw,
if you connect say screws 2 and 3 together.

Not what is needed in this case -- assuming a 240 VAC motor.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Hi all, not that it matters, but the motor was 120 VAC and I just
needed
a single pole switch. Only 1/2 of the switch shown in the picture
was
used.

George H.

What matters is if you can solve a wiring problem with commercial
household hardware or need to hunt down the industrial stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiway_switching
Commercial wall switches called "four-way" aren't true DPDT because
they are internally cross-connected to act as reversing switches.

If wired correctly, the relay circuit others have suggested has the
safety advantage that if the power goes out while the machine is
running, it won't restart when the power returns and you are
elsewhere.

--jsw