Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Thursday, 22 September 2016 23:04:36 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Thursday, 22 September 2016 20:00:34 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:

I paid £1300 for my Titanium Citizen Satellite Wave, but to me it is
the
ultimate watch as it gets its time from GPS anywhere in the world.

Some mugs will drop £5000 on a Rolex and they don't even show the
real
time.

Neither of those are (sic) really ultimate. Get a Hoptroff.

£20000 for a radio controlled watch that loses its transmitter update
once
you get 1000 km from Mainflingen?

What a load of cobblers - mine will still be accurate in Antarctica.

But no one needs accuracy in Antarctica.

I just bought one of these as well

So its completely stupid to not have a decent
smartphone as well as all that other dinosaur ****.

- can yours make a phone call from the South Pole?

I dont plan to go there any time soon and if I ever do I will
consider getting one if I think I might need to call from there.
There are plenty of places in my country where one of those
is the only way to get reliable communication, but I dont happen
to bother going to those places so dont bother with one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...d_hps_bw_c_x_1