Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I finally found a stereo microscope that I could afford.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:51:09 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 22:15:39 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I have 17 Tektronix scopes, and a military scope built by Magnavox.

I hope you don't use them all at once.

Only you would try that.

OK, so you don't multitask?

What is WE?

Western Electric. They used a 75 ohm video connector that could be
mounted in place of an audio jack in a patch panel. They are still used
for video. The reason Western Electric did this was to simplify the
layout and operation of their microwave and coaxial video longlines. The

Cool.

amplifiers and equalizers had to be monitored, and adjusted at each
facility. The phase mismatch along the various routes was why old
Network TV feeds were never the same tint from one feed to another. That
went away with the C-band feeds in the late '70s.

Being only an end user, I didn't notice.

Here is an example of a WE series video patch cable:

http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=134

OK. Springloaded or threaded? Ah dinna see nuts.

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson