Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 23:31:05 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Halmyre wrote

fix it in place and then replace the 50-odd screws that hold
it together, trying to remember which of the dozen-odd
different shapes and lengths of screw goes where.

That last is one area where a decent phone with a
camera or other electronic camera helps heaps now.

I only tried that trick once, on a painfully constructed item
I wasn't confident of remembering, which is unusual. It
went fine until I needed to consult the pictures, and found
too much in them was in darkness and I was on my own.

Trivially fixable by ensuring decent lighting and
using video mode and deliberately showing
the screw removed to the camera at each step
and which bin each type of screw was put in
in the parts tray etc.

Of course one can always waste time.

No waste of time involved in doing it like that, ****wit.