BeefJerky

Default Macrovision hack?

No Time wrote:
"Mike Kohary" wrote in message ...

On 10 Mar 2004 22:10:32 -0800, (No Time) Gave us:

"Mike Kohary" wrote in message

In many states, it's not illegal for a minor to smoke, but it's illegal

for

them to buy cigarettes. Anyway...

The point is, there is a huge battleground right now, between consumers

and

media companies.

You mean criminals and media companies.

Nope, I mean consumers.

Besides you (assuming you're not a pirate which is nearly impossible
to believe at this point), no consumers care.

I do, thank you. And, last I checked, I fall under the catagory of
consumer and, no, I'm not a pirate. Speak for yourself (and you are
certainly entitled to), but don't write it like everyone shares your
viewpoint, that's just plain ludicrous. I for one, believe that the DMCA
is a load of crap, and should be (and most likely will be) eventually
overturned. I support fair use, and that damn well includes my right to
make a backup copy of something I bought. I also think some laws do need
to be made with digital media becoming popular, but the DMCA does NOT
fill that need I believe. If you like the DMCA (or have ideas for other
laws), write your congressman and tell them your viewpoint, as I did.
They certainly have some say in what laws pass and what laws don't. As
for the DMCA, I suppose we'll just have to wait it out and see what
happens to it. In the meantime, I propose that we stop wasting our time
arguing each others viewpoints on this newsgroup and write to people who
can actually make a difference.