Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default AC switch in old Johnson Bandsaw.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 1:50:20 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 09/21/2016 8:43 AM, wrote:

There's a lever going to a switch that cuts off power once
you hit the bottom of the piece... the switch broke yesterday.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9may1gvk2...witch.JPG?dl=0

It's basically just an AC wall switch with a
mechanical connection to the switch action.

What is it called? and
Where do I go to get a replacement

I guess you mean the electrical "broke"; mechanically it still looks sound?

Well I took it apart and got it to work again for a few cycles.
But there is a broken piece of metal that should stop the
contact from moving too far... When it moves to far the
spring on the bottom falls out and.. broke.

I've seen 'em; don't have a specific name nor distributor unfortunately,
sorry.

I think I'd start by adapting a regular switch; the actual force isn't
_that_ much is it?

I was able to find references in old aircraft national parts id
numbering databases to the Bryant switch the other posted but no links
to current inventory. Bryant Electrical search didn't find the part as
current but guess you could always contact them for substitute.

Thanks, I think I did a similar pointless search.

Second choice I'd make would be to take it to the local industrial
electrical supply jobber in your location and as them to come up with a
substitute.

Yeah I figure that is my next step... If they can't help I'll
have to modify some other switch.

Thanks,

George H.