Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY - a step too far

In article ,
Huge wrote:
Couldn't agree more, with every point you've made. Except that I find
having a smart-phone handy, but not handy enough to pay hundreds of
pounds for one. The screens are too small, the "keyboards" inadequate,
the apps poor and locked down so can't be replaced, the cameras lousy,
the storage capacity inadequate. I have "proper" tools for all of these,
like you.

My couple of years old Samsung smart phone has a more than adequate camera
for snap shots. And OK as an iPod type thingie. And as a SatNav. As well
as the more obvious use as a phone and for simple browsing where I can get
a Wi-Fi connection. As I'm not willing to pay a monthly fee for data use.

I simply couldn't be bothered carrying around all four units to do the job
one does more than adequately.

--
*Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.