Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Barracuda Chuck Screws

I have the PSI Barracuda CSC3000C lathe chuck. The screws strip out really
easily, usually the head rounds out. I'm in the process of removing the
stripped out screws, but it's going slowly...

At any rate, I'd like to prevent this from happening again. What screws
should I look for to replace the ones in the chuck already? Does it use a
standard size or have they been modified somehow? One webforum discussion
mentioned switching to stainless steel, so I might try that.

When I put the jaws on the chuck, do I need to get them any tighter than
just snug? I had been going firm, not super tight, but they wound up super
tight anyway.

Puckdropper