Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

And you have nothing to use when the **** hits the
fan and you need to call someone when not at home.

The only time I needed one was when I broke down at a
service station in Bavaria in 2013. Luckily, Mrs M has one
and rang the RAC, but when they rang her back she did not
know how to answer it (screen needed a tick or summat).

I had to use the landline in the shop, so even as a phone it was useless.

Since then I have never needed one at all

But you have no idea when you will need one again.

I am very self reliant and can sort out my own
problems without being a cry baby on a phone.

Like hell you can if someone runs you over on your bike
and doesnt stop to assist you and no one else shows up.