Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Mason Simon Mason is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 04:17:09 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

And you have nothing to use when the **** hits the fan
and you need to call someone when not at home.

The only time I needed one was when I broke down at a service station in Bavaria in 2013. Luckily, Mrs M has one and rang the RAC, but when they rang her back she did not know how to answer it (screen needed a tick or summat).

I had to use the landline in the shop, so even as a phone it was useless.

Since then I have never needed one at all - I am very self reliant and can sort out my own problems without being a cry baby on a phone.