Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do you weld bandsaw blades

On 2016-09-19, Martin Eastburn wrote:
I did that to a spot welder I had in the lab Used my 1000 amp HP clamp
on into a HP meter.

The current was just shy of 1000 amps and the voltage was 1.5 open
circuit.

That was a 1/4" spot weld into a sheet of Al.

I think in the way back mode of this group, a home brew was made and
worked. Maybe Don made it or second sourced the design... :-)

I believe so -- but it was not I. IIRC, it was a young fellow
who was at first making the mistake of drawing arcs off carbon rods
without eye protection. Not sure what happened to him, but he was
fairly active here for a while.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--