Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I finally found a stereo microscope that I could afford.

whit3rd wrote:
On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 5:26:01 PM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:
I finally found a stereo microscope that I could afford. It is a B&L
StereoZoom4 on a boom. I need a pair of 23mm 10X eyepieces, and the 38
mm light mounting ring.

Sweet!
I've enjoyed the StereoZoom 3 (but never found a boom unattached
to a large pricetag). Wide field eyepieces are a must, I've been happy with these

http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l1861d.html

That looks like the same as the one on eBay. It would be $25 for a
pair,k plus shipping VS $18 delivered from eBay.

but if you can find the 5x ones, get them instead.
Glancing illumination is sometimes better than the light ring, consider one of these

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20169658/

I used a SSZ-7 at Microdyne, and I tried every light source they had.
The ring light was best, for looking for bad solder work, and for doing
rework. It wasn't LED, and had a small gap in the lighting at the ends
of the glass tube. I was hand soldering leads that were .015" center to
center, and any other type of light required constantly turning and
moving the PC board.

This is the microscope that I bought. The seller was sking a higher
price, but they accepted my offer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172165617617

--
Never **** off an Engineer!