Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default LED Bulb dying

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 4:06:35 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 11:44:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
..snip...

It was bad enough when a "lifetime warranteed" memory module for my
laptop failed and one way shipping to return it to the "manufacturer"
in California cost me $18, it took over 3 weeks to get it replaced,
and I could buy another "lifetime guaranteed" module locally for $22..

I returned it "just on principal" and couldn't wate for it to be
returned so bought one locally anyway. Now I have an obvsolete brand
new memory module sitting in stock that I'll likely never use, that
effectively cost me $40.

Jumping in late here as I hadn't been following this thread.

Please explain your math. You spent $18 to replace the module that is
now on the shelf. You spend $22 on the module that is in the laptop.

If the one of the shelf effectively cost you $40, then wasn't the one
in the laptop effectively free?

It seems like it was going to cost you *something* to get your laptop
up and running (either $18 or $22), so why do feel that the total
amount that you spent is sitting on the shelf?

Inquiring minds have to wonder how it could cost $18 to ship a memory
module for a laptop? I just shipped a box that's 26x9x8 that weighs
6 lbs from NJ to CA via Fed Ex economy ground for $13. A memory
module should cost less than $5 to ship.