Posted to alt.home.repair
Brent[_7_] Brent[_7_] is offline

Default What size breaker and wire for a 5200W wall oven?

replying to Brent, Brent wrote:
I did just finally find an Amana document with my model number that adds 40amp
to the end of the electrical lines of text on model plate. So would that mean
I need a 40A breaker and 10 gauge wire?

In the manual it says:
"Line Voltage Requirements Line voltage must not exceed rated voltage. Line
voltage less than rated voltage will result in slow heating. Wiring system
must conform to U.L. Standards and National Electrical Code. Installation must
conform to all local, municipal and state building codes, and local utility
regulations. Oven must be connected only to a supplied circuit as specified on
rating plate. This oven requires 3 wires, 115/230-120/240 volts, 60 Hertz A.C.
Unit is equipped with a No. 10 ground wire in conduit. Oven should be fused
separately from other appliances. Verify electric power is off from fuse box
to junction box until oven is installed and ready to operate."

Maybe I need to open it up where the flex conduit enters the oven and see what
else I can find...

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...en-903979-.htm