Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

Simon Mason wrote on 20/09/2016 :
On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 11:03:03 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
I have an Acer Aspire S7 and the DC power socket is goosed so I looked up
the part on ebay and it is only £4.50. However, the youtube video on
fitting it lasted 50 minutes so I took it to a repair man who said the job
would take HIM about 1.5 hours.

What a palaver for such a simple part - still he'll only charge me £20.

you're lucky

the last time I need to look for a PC repair man charges started at 75 quid,
even for he simplest task

It came to £65, so I bunged him £70 cash.

Hang on, what happened to "What a palaver for such a simple part -
still he'll only charge me £20." I thought £20 was far too cheap for a
strip-down and solder job so the £65 is much more realistic tbh.