Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What size breaker and wire for a 5200W wall oven?

30a based on a 21.66a load (5200/240) but the real answer is in the
installation manual. My new GE oven calls for a 20. It may not have
the same power elements in it tho.

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 16:14:01 +0000, Brent
m wrote:

What size breaker and wire do I need to use for a new installation (not new
oven) of a 5200W wall oven.

2 lines of text for electrical.
120/240 VAC. 60HZ. 5.2KW. 3 WIRE
120/208 VAC. 60HZ. 3.95KW. 3 WIRE

Current wires coming out of the oven are 3 at 12 AWG black, red, green, and a
16 AWG white. I am not sure if they are original to the oven or not.
I couldn't find the manual online. I acquired this oven used.