Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack G. Jack G. is offline

Default HARRY BALLS ASKS, "Is my magnetron faulty?"

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 7:16:49 AM UTC-7, David wrote:
"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 9/19/2016 12:54 PM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message
news
On 9/16/2016 12:28 PM, wrote:
-Oven heats weakly--won't boil a cup of water on high after 5 minutes
-Draws only 300 watts on high (rated 1200 watts)
-Measures -10KV DC to case at Magnetron terminals on high (10 to 1
high-voltage divider measures 1KV on voltmeter)
-diode and capacitor appear to pass simple out of circuit tests
-magnetron did actually pass simple resistance tests

Which recalls my Nam Tour of '65. I had a magnetron affixed to my
combat shotgun. Each shot was instantly followed by a searing jolt of
electricity, which fried Charlie units where they hid in the tall snake
grass. For such unlucky recipients, it was a shocking development.

it seems to fairly resolve, doesn't it?

Stoopid is as stoopid does.

here though

Why do you two fruit loops keep haunting this group?