Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Mason Simon Mason is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 09:04:56 UTC+1, Halmyre wrote:
On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 4:20:03 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
I have an Acer Aspire S7 and the DC power socket is goosed so I looked up the part on ebay and it is only £4.50. However, the youtube video on fitting it lasted 50 minutes so I took it to a repair man who said the job would take HIM about 1.5 hours.

What a palaver for such a simple part - still he'll only charge me £20.

That'll be 40 minutes to undo all the screws and prise the case open, 10 minutes to change the part and 40 minutes to put the bugger back together again.

He has to desolder the jack plug, clean all the joints and solder a new one in. He said that he has to be in the right frame of mind and to do it in the cool of the evening as well.