Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A bomb sent me home early

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 11:36:38 +0800, doggerel wrote:

On 20-Sep-16 9:56 AM, wrote:
ide quoted text -
On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 15:21:53 -0400
Ed Huntress wrote:

My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

Imagine that. The news is saying that the terrorist owns a fried chicken restaurant at 104 Elmora Road, Elizabeth, NJ 07202. Its named First American Fried Chicken.

Here in Australia the radio news (politically correct ABC) reported him
as an American citizen (which he technically is). They failed to include
that he had migrated from Afghanistan.

Right. He's a naturalized citizen, and has been one for 10 or 11
years, I think.

They're the scary ones. He seemed normal, his acquaintences said,
although he was kind of distant. He came here as a toddler, went to
American schools and college, and so on. And then made some visits to
Afghanistan, and then Pakistan, and came back to the US kind of weird.

They're the ones that are going to be very hard to pick out of the
crowd.

--
Ed Huntress