Mouse

Default Welders - supplier?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 00:41:17 +0000, Mark S.
wrote:

Cheeky bugger. I've sold all the printers out of the garage on Ebay.
:-P

I had in my mind from somewhere that you were involved with them
professionally??

I've an Opel Manta on my drive now to play with when I get fed up of
diy. ;-)
And the gates to sort out as well.

So I take it Sip are out?

Machine Mart only do Clarke stuff don't they?

I'm not a welding expert by any means. When I saw your original
post, I happened to have a Machine Mart catalogue in a pile of
assorted tool catalogues that I was sorting through and remembered
that they sold welders. It was more of a sourcing suggestion than
a product recommendation. Others have done welding more than I
have and seem to favour various other options than Clarke and SIP.

I don't know about the SIP welders, although I've found the
compressors OK (made in Italy like a lot of them).

Did you think about looking on one of the car repair groups?

Mark S.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I have a SIP 170 mig gas / gasless and it seems to be fine. Remember that if
welding out of doors gasless is better unless there is no wind. Use gas
indoors or in no wind conditions, and for stainless and alli. Go for the
highest amperage unit you can afford, all will do car bodywork.
Mouse

---