Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pilgrim23@gmail.com is offline

Default Dalton Lathes

Hello. I just found your post. As of tomorrow I will be taking possession of a Dalton T-L with a 1924 date and a whole bunch of extras including live and dead centers, 3 and 4 jaw chuck, some change gears and in need of re-assembly (its in pieces), a new drive belt, and about a month or two of elbow grease to remove rust and re-paint. I am a Machinist virgin having only played so far with a Grizzly micro-lathe which has gotten me hooked (I have found so far anyone who owns a lathe seems to have 2 or 3 or 4 or... I know... its a disease) I ordered what literature was available from that UK fellow so we will see if sales brochures are enough info to rebuild this beast. I may be back to ask some (I am sure really really dumb) questions.