Default Repairing Technics receiver

A while back I posted questions about troubleshooting a Technics AV
receiver that had suddenly just quit on me.

After doing everything I was able to do myself, I took it to a repair
shop. They called yesterday and said the audio outputs were blown,
and that it would be $100 to fix it. I told them to go ahead and make
the repairs.

I'm curious, though. Do I have to worry about this happening again?
I definitely didn't drive it hard...I was using it at the time to
mainly listen to NPR.

I'm also sure that the speakers weren't shorted. The receiver worked
for about a week, then just quit.

Am I doing the right thing in paying to have this repaired, or do you
think there could be a bigger problem that could cause it to happen
again?

The speakers that were connected to it are $40 Audiosource 8-ohm
speakers. Any problem with that?