Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Outdoor electrics

On 18/09/2016 15:56, Simon T wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
If you already have the submain to the shed, then yes. If you need to
install a new circuit from the house CU then it would still be
notifiable.

Oh right, I thought new circuits to outside buildings weren't notifiable?

So, if I had no electric to my shed and wanted to run power to it, I'd
have to take it from a spur from an existing circuit then?

Yup, that's the part P way - its ok to bodge it, but doing it properly
incurs an exercise in paperwork. ;-)

You could (reading the letter of the approved doc) also install a whole
new CU from split tails, just for your garden feed, since that would not
be a replacement! (although you may not be able to install new circuits
from that ;-)

Personally, I find the grin and ignore it approach works well ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.