Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Outdoor electrics

On 18/09/2016 18:11, Huge wrote:
On 2016-09-18, charles wrote:
In article ,
Phil L wrote:
Simon T wrote:
I've just read online that electrical work outside is no longer
covered by Part P of the Electrical regs.

When did this happen then????

Kind of relieved as my shed, which I inherited when I moved into my
property in 2005, already had electrics wired up by the previous
owner. But as I'm now considering getting rid of it and building a
bigger one, was concerned about tinkering about with the supply.

So I guess I can do what I like out there now? :-)

You always could, the electricity police aren't waiting around the corner
ready to pounce on anyone breaking the rules

But, a potential problem arises when you come to sell your house.

Naah. No-one gives a stuff.

So I guess mine is really bad news. I plug the electrics for my shed
(when ocassionaly required) in to a socket in my porch, the cable goes
outdoors overhead suspended on a wire to my shed.
If I need to sell will just unplug and rip the cable down.