Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Outdoor electrics

charles wrote:
In article , Fredxxx
wrote:
On 18/09/2016 16:22, charles wrote:
In article , Phil L
wrote:
Simon T wrote:
I've just read online that electrical work outside is no longer
covered by Part P of the Electrical regs.

When did this happen then????

Kind of relieved as my shed, which I inherited when I moved into
my property in 2005, already had electrics wired up by the
previous owner. But as I'm now considering getting rid of it and
building a bigger one, was concerned about tinkering about with
the supply.

So I guess I can do what I like out there now? :-)

You always could, the electricity police aren't waiting around the
corner ready to pounce on anyone breaking the rules

But, a potential problem arises when you come to sell your house.

No "potential" problem I can foresee.

If after the solicitation of a conveyancer and a house survey, any
perceived problem is with the buyer if the seller can't produce an
appropriate sheet of paper or a certificate.

strange way of looking at it. Many buyers would simply walk away.
That puts the problem on the vendor's lap.

No one's going to walk away from a £200,000 house because there's a £20
circuit breaker missing from the shed.