Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Car battery

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2016-09-18, ARW wrote:

"Robin" wrote in message
On 18/09/2016 14:37, David Lang wrote:
My late wife's C3 has been on the drive since mid May this year,
unused.

Not surprisingly the battery was flat. Central locking, dashboard
lights
etc all not working.

Bought a cheap charger from Wilkinson's & charged battery (out of
vehicle). Checked it with a meter & it had slightly over 12v.

Put it back in the car, Central locking, dashboard lights etc all now
working, but not enough juice to turn over the engine.

Do I assume the battery is now f*cked? Is it worth using jump leads
now
or should I replace the battery?

Depends a bit on your plans for the car? If you selling privately or
offering in part-exchange I'd be inclined to give it a go with
jump-leads. And of course warming it up nicely before any prospective
buyer tries it OTOH if it is going to a daughter...

Stick the ****er in Autotrader and wait until some daft **** turns up and
says "Actually I was looking for a Ford not a Citroën and it's the wrong
colour".

Don't get me going. Trying to sell my car ATM.

Does it need a Part P certificate:-)?

--

Adam