Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outdoor electrics

In article ,
Simon Mason writes:
On Sunday, 18 September 2016 09:33:17 UTC+1, Simon T wrote:
I've just read online that electrical work outside is no longer covered by
Part P of the Electrical regs.

When did this happen then????

Kind of relieved as my shed, which I inherited when I moved into my property
in 2005, already had electrics wired up by the previous owner. But as I'm
now considering getting rid of it and building a bigger one, was concerned
about tinkering about with the supply.

So I guess I can do what I like out there now? :-)

In 2000 I wired up my outdoor 9.5 kW sauna directly to the fuse box so I am in the clear.

I got my new CU and outdoor sockets finished shortly before Part P
came in. I'd had the bits for over a year, so it did push me into
finishing the job.

--
Andrew Gabriel