Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replace battery in Harbor Freight "solar" powered welding helmet

On 2016-09-17, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 19:36:50 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

[ ... ]

My Jackson EQC filters IR and UV when off. The flash doesn't hurt my
eyes when I forget to turn the helmet on.

That's interesting. I just never thought to ask. It always worried me,
and has kept me from using an auto-darkening helmet. After cataract
surgery in both eyes and 3,000 laser burns on my retina capillaries to
treat diabetic retinopathy, I try to treat them well. Luckily, I can
still see great. I want to keep it that way.

Do you still have the data cards with the cataract replacement
lenses? Mine say that they block UV on their own. (Mind you -- you
still could get sunburn on the eyeball surface, but not as bad as
damaging the retina. (or course, the UV blocking may not be part of all
cataract replacement lenses -- I may have been lucky there.)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail