Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A bomb sent me home early

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 20:05:08 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

You gotta quit tossing your dud DuPont plugs in the trashcan, Ed.

But what else are you supposed to do with them? d8-)

There's only one road from Seaside Park down into Island Beach State
Park, where I was fishing. I heard they had it blocked late today,
although I think they just had a roadblock up, checking out the cars
leaving the park.

I sure hope it's open tomorrow.

--
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 15:21:53 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/explosion-j...ry?id=42160249

Nobody was hurt, but it was creepy. I didn't hear the bomb go off,
probably because the breeze was blowing the wrong way and the surf was
right in front of me.

So I came home to get out of the confusion; I'll go back again
tomorrow, if the road isn't blocked off.

---