Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default minor gloat CO2 tank

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 06:59:49 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 20:10:32 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 19:29:14 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Yeah, but the curls have me concerned. Those suckers are SHARP! And
you're going to put this on a Christmas tree in a CHILD medical care
facility?

Man! Be careful! (not of you, but of how many kids amputate fingers on
that stuff!)

Ditto the concern, plus his wife might be liable for the medical fees
associated with the sliced up kids. Tinsel is a lot cheaper all the
way around.

That very thinking is why there are few machine/woodworking shops left
in high schools in America..and at least 3 generations of kids who
can't find their asses with either hand.

Think hard about what you just proclaimed....

HUH? We're talking about the man's wife putting it on a public
Christmas tree which many kids will be around. He bought the swarf at
a scrap yard. School and machinery aren't even in the picture.

Think hard about what you just proclaimed.... bseg

Indeed I have, for decades. If the little *******s cant understand a
simple "Dont Touch"..it means they also cant understand instructions
on handling sharp tools in school shops. So it comes down to either
submoronic children or poor parenting is the root cause of those 3
generations getting ZERO manual work skills..because the schools have
removed all the sharp tools after 100 yrs of teaching manual skills in
wood and metal shop classes.

You arent thinking this through...

We were on different focal lengths. Yes, it's scary to think how
vulnerable we've become due to short-sighted PC thinking. When our
manufacturing and repair base is completely gone, we're done. Student
focus in schools is on huge paychecks, while the schools care nothing
as to the viability of their output. Schools see that there are too
many students applying for the same few jobs yet they don't try to
influence the kids to choose another line of work, one which would
instantly snap them up after college. Tell me that's not a conflict of
interest. But the Gods of PC rule with an iron limp wrist, I mean
fist. They teach 4th graders how to put on a condom while no longer
teaching boys to be men. Thank Crom there are small clusters of
people (parents, teachers, and kids) who still care. Carpe diem,
dudes and dudettes!

or you have been out of school far..far..far too long.

That I have. I can't believe it has been 45 years since high school,
43 since automotive tech school, and 31 since electronics tech school.
But I learn something new daily: here, on other Internet sites, and
through reading 100 books annually.

As do I, and most here. Which is one of the main reasons we are HERE.

And yeah..I tend to view things from a macro view..rather than a micro
view. With the micro view..I find I cant see the forest for the
trees.

Gunner

---