Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Retired!

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 02:59:49 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:53:31 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:28:50 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 13/09/2016 5:39 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Well, I retired on Friday. 'Finally had enough. So I went fishing this
weekend
The worst day fishing beats the best day working.
But I guess that doesn't apply anymore, eh?
Enjoy!

Jon
Thanks, Jon. I hope the rest is like the last week. d8-) I didn't
catch many trout (man, am I rusty!) but just being on those freestone
streams is worth the effort. It's beautiful up in north-central PA
right now. But then, it usually is.

Congratulation's on retirement, now get to work you slacker.... :-)

I know the feeling about being rusty. Had a damn stroke early in year,
still trying to get my hand to release a line correctly.

Signed on the line to vote the other day and they looked it over as it
wasn't even close to last years! Told them I was lucky I could still
move the hand.

Oh, jeez, I hope you get those stroke effects rehabbed. It looks like
it didn't damage the most important part -- the part of your brain
that thinks.

Good luck on the rest of it, Steve.

So far I've got 80% or so back. Still have issues with fine motor
control and a tremor that makes some things a real pain.

BUT, I know folks who have it a lot worse than me after one.

Yeah, they're scary. I had to drive my uncle around for the last
couple years of his life, after he had a stroke, because he just
couldn't do it.

I also had to maintain his 42-foot boat. Lucky for him, he could still
sit in his deck chair and give me instructions. The Caterpillar diesel
was a bit over my head without him. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress