Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Looking for small, surface mount (as in mount on a surface, not SMD) switches

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Why not simply use standard rocker or toggle switches mounted in a suitably
deep enclosure. As an alternative especially if you have several to make,
use cut up lengths of PVC trunking and fit end caps to make a complete
enclosure.

Because the result is too big. I can't find any enclosures which are
significantly smaller than a standard architrave switch (80mm high,
35mm wide, 20mm or so deep). I guess the trunking idea is possible
but it's hardly good to look at and this does have to look half
decent.

My current (no pun intended) solution is to use 'inline' switches, the
trouble is that there's no way to hold the top on if you screw the
bottom onto a surface (the screws go in from the back). I guess I
could glue the top on but that's a bit difficult to fix if anything
goes wrong.

--
Chris Green
ยท