Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RedAlt5@hotmail.com is offline

Default LED Bulb dying

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 10:56:46 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

Of course it does. If we know that a bulb or an engine has an MTBF
of 20,000 hours, then we know that on average, that's how many hours
they go between failures. The device is very unlikely to fail at
two hours, or two hundred hours, but has a high failure rate at 20,000
hours.

That doesn't make sense either. When a company makes a new product do they test it for 5 years to get a true MTBF before they market it? No,they pick a good sounding one and hope it works that long.