Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garden hose connection leak sealing

On 16 Sep 2016 16:45:43 GMT, KenK wrote:

I use an evaporative cooler for cooling and after decades of experimenting
find that a garden hose run over the surface of the ground to a short
length of copper tubing (cooler water connection matches copper tubing
connector) works the best. The problem remaining is that the hose
connections too frequently leak and need fussing with. Usually the
connection where the hose connector screws onto the adapter at the copper
tubing. Teflon tape helps but where the plastic hose itself connects to the
hose connector it is a friction fit and seems to eventually leak from the
constant year-long pressure. Anything I can use to seal these connections?
If necessary I have enough extra length that I can cut off these sealed
connections and replace them if necessary later if I have to because of a
problem.

This is hard to explain. I hope it is clear. I edited it several times.

TIA

Not sure exactly. Perhaps check the washers in the hose connectors?
I'd not use a "plastic" material washer, but rather a quality "rubber"
washer and snug it up tight with a set of pliers. The hose connector
washers do deform and tend to leak. If this applies or not, I can't
say. YMMV.