Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Gas pump skimmers

On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 6:24:01 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 9/15/2016 6:18 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

My wife is like that and has a bunch of cards. She won't bank on line
(she does all the banking) and won't use her cards at the gas station.
To me, it is a lot of extra work. She also has reward cards from
several places and tells me to make sure she gets the credit when I buy
there. I don't like carrying all this crap around and fortunately can
just give my phone number to get credit.

Might mention that a few weeks ago she found a restaurant gift card for
$25 that someone probably lost out of their overloaded wallet or purse..
Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where George could not close his wallet
it was so full.

I remember that episode and often feel like that. I usually leave the
store cards at home unless I plan on shopping there. Such as Lowes. I
may go there once a month so leave that card in a pile with some other
ones. Just have to remember which cards to take with me. If I do
forget a certain card I just use one of the normal credit cards and
still get my 1 % instead of 3 to 5 %.

One of the food stores has a card that you get some money off some of
the items if they scan the card. Often the register operators will have
a card handy that they will scan if you do not have one. Could be a
friends or theirs or evne their card so they get credit for the
purchase. I don't know or care if I get the money off . Lots of places
will take the phone number around here too.

While I don't carry any balances and never have on the credit cards, I
read many years ago that Sears (when they were big) made alot more
profit off the credit cards than they did on the actual sales. I just
don'tunderstnd why so many carry large ballances on the cards when the
interest rate is 18 % to 25 %.
They must be like a fellow at work, never count on what something costs
or how long to pay it off, just looking for a low monthly payment.

Might mention that a Sears clerk stole my wife's id. My wife had gone
there and forgotten her Sears credit card and clerk asked her SSN and
she got the purchase. Next day Sears called her and asked if she were
an African American and had just purchased a color TV and a $500 gift
certificate on her Sears card. Wife was upset and even called police.
The clerk had quit her job that day. We tore up Sears card.

Lot of people, maybe most, live on the float. One son had worked at a
credit card bank and another for a brief period at a finance company and
both said we would be surprised if they gave the names of individuals
that we knew. Our 3 sons are like us and pay off all cards at the end
of the month.

I pay all my bills online because I can't go to the various places but I have a friend who takes my card to those places a personal appearance is required. I watch my small bank balance and know where every penny goes. Online banking is all I'm able to do. The last time I visited a bank was last year when I had to get something notarized and my friend drove me to the bank where a bank employee brought the papers out to the vehicle for me to sign. I get great service from the bank branch I use and the security service of the bank has blocked attempted purchases from foreign countries. The security personnel figured I couldn't teleport to Pakistan and back. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Bank Monster