twilson

Default How to Adjust the Tape Path Alignment on Newer VCRs

(Jim) wrote in
om:

Sounds like the vcr tape path was off on the vcr you used in the early
80's to record your family videos.

What you could try:
Mark the position of the take-up roller guide and then turn it
clockwise to see if you can move the noise down below the screen. Do
your PC capture and then move the guide exactly back to its original
position.

Jim

Will this procedure help correct the tracking problems I'm having
with VHS tapes of family videos created in the early 80's? I have
tried playing the video tape on a couple of 4 head hi-fi vcr's and
the tracking at the bottom of the screen is horrible. I want to play
the video on a vcr, and then send the output to my PC for capture and
subsequent writing to DVD.

Thanks. Will try that too, and report back on how I made out.