Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman[_3_] Don Foreman[_3_] is offline

Default How do you weld bandsaw blades

Sounds like a candidate for a HSM project. I wonder how much current
blade welders deliver. Don't know if a 105-amp MIG would be enough
but a re-wound microwave oven transformer surely would be.

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:15:17 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
On 9/13/2016 5:45 PM, Ignoramus16559 wrote:
We just bought a spool of band saw blade stock and we want to cut
it
in sections and weld blades. How do we weld them so that they hold
up?

Spring for the blade welder, you won't regret it.

I've seen several at machine shop auctions but they always went for
more than I could justify..
--jsw

---